I love living in Bromley Hall because it provides me with a safe and social atmosphere. There are many great amenities here, such as the swimming pool, fitness center, and computer lab!
At Bromley Hall, we partner with our residents and the community in on-going green initiatives. Our goals are to conserve energy, water, and raw materials in order to minimize waste and pollution and also to provide a healthy and comfortable environment for all of our residents. Here's what we've accomplished so far:
Electricity Usage - Since 2005, our annual building electric usage has decreased by approximately 22% in part due to:
- New energy efficient lighting installed throughout the building
- New multi-stage air conditioning chillers and energy management system
Water Usage - Since 2005, our annual building water usage has decreased by 13 million gallons (almost 57%) in part due to:
- New plumbing fixtures installed in all resident bathrooms.
- New cooling towers that now run our air conditioning system
- Going trayless in our dining facility (saving on extra washing)
Heating/Cooling Costs - Since 2005, we have reduced consumption of natural gas by almost 22% in part due to:
- New low multi pane windows installed in all resident rooms
- Both boilers are upgraded and recalibrated so they operate at peak efficiency, conserving gas
Recycling - In December 2010, with the help of our residents and in partnership with the City of Champaign, we implemented a building-wide recycling program.
We know that little things done now can have a real impact on the future, and we are constantly searching for and introducing new and exciting changes to help our environment!